Reports to: Michael Hoffman, CEO
Location: Chicago, IL
Compensation: Salary with commission. Benefits include Simple IRA with company match, FSA with company contribution, paid health insurance, flexible work schedule and paid time off.
See3 Communications is the digital agency for do-gooders. We work with clients including Make-a-Wish America, Ceres, and University of Chicago to create long term impact through digital storytelling.
We’re not your typical agency. Beyond our work with leading nonprofits and social causes, we also produce impact projects of our own such as the DoGooder Video Awards and ELI Talks. We tell powerful stories through documentary film in collaboration with Kindling Group, and lead social campaigns to ignite change beyond the screen. We develop innovative products for personalized video and mobile applications.
Our staff represent diverse backgrounds, areas of expertise, and passion for social causes. We challenge, support, and inspire each other. We are invested in our staff's personal and professional development. We offer policies that are friendly to families and offer flexibility in work schedules and locations. We also offer paid health insurance, flexible spending and retirement accounts, and paid maternity and paternity leave.
We are growing our team of top-performing, ethically minded do-gooders with a passion for positive change. Sound like something you want to be a part of?
We are seeking a motivated, ambitious professional to serve as our Director of Business Development. The ideal candidate will be able to seamlessly act as both a sales professional and a part of See3’s management team, helping to establish the long-term vision and processes around marketing and sales for sustainable success.
Vision and Leadership
- Serve as a member of See3’s leadership team to establish, execute, and meet strategic organizational objectives
- Contribute to a positive, collaborative, and entrepreneurial working environment that is consistent with See3 values
- Advise the CEO and other key members of senior management on day-to-day-operations related to sales and marketing, analysis, and critical issues
- Represent the organization externally, as necessary at client meetings, networking events, conferences and seminars
- Share our passion for contributing to mission-based organizations.
- Develop, coordinate and implement plans designed to increase existing business and capture new opportunities that enable the company to meet or exceed annual revenue goals
- Cultivate a keen awareness of organizational growth initiatives related to the nonprofit market and target customer segments
- Hone lead generation and sales to align our efforts with our company vision and areas for maximum impact
- Lead proposal development and submission in response to requests for proposals (RFPs) or other business opportunities
- Manage the sales cycle from lead generation and qualification, sales conversations, follow-up, proposal generation and hand-off to service delivery
- Provide market feedback to the company leadership regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs
- Review and optimize current sales and customer service systems and processes
- Manage the sales activities in which the CEO and Senior Consultants engage and create accountability for sales tasks
- Conduct sales analysis to optimize and measure output of sales efforts
- Conduct initial intake calls with prospective clients
Human Resources and Team Development
- Ability to delegate tasks and respond to changes in organizational capacity
- Manage internal and external resources, including full-time staff in the Business Development Department as well as senior consultants and partners who cultivate new business opportunities for See3
- Commitment to cultivating diversity in our team of staff and freelancers
- Promote a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and commitment to high quality job satisfaction and employee well-being
- Mentor and develop staff using a supportive and collaborative approach.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience in working with senior management to align sales strategies and solutions
- Must have experience of working in a corporate/business focused environment
- Excellent negotiation skills, proven track record of successfully pitching for new business
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication
- experience in sales, business development, or a related field with a record of increasing revenue
- Organized, confident, and detail-oriented
- Familiarity with Google apps (Drive, Gmail, Docs, Sheets, etc.)
- Familiarity with the unique culture of nonprofits
- Ability to travel on behalf of business (approximately 15-20 days per year)
- Passion for emerging digital, mobile, social, and video technologies and trends
- Enthusiasm about working effectively with ethnically and racially diverse populations.
See3 is committed to creating a just, equitable workplace, and is actively seeking candidates who can bring the value of diverse lived experiences to this position. If your experience and professional goals align with the responsibilities of this position, please submit your resume and cover letter/LinkedIn description to our online application here. No phone calls, please.
As an equal opportunity employer, See3 is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce, and we look for candidates who have a high level of demonstrated comfort with cultural competency; people of color, people with disabilities, women, and lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender people are encouraged to apply. All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, sex, marital or parental status, disability, gender identity or expression, age, or any other basis prohibited by law.